Lemi is committed to providing a safe, transparent, and positive environment based on mutual respect, and to protecting your privacy in accordance with the highest consumer protection standards.
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information and other information and content that you provide when you use our Services. This includes the information used to create your account (i.e., your given name, username, password, telephone number(s), mailing address, billing information, date of birth, and language preference), your activity within the app (i.e. likes, comments, average use time, date of use, and other app use data), the content you post to our Services (i.e., text, images, videos, links, Personal Messages to other users, and other content), your interests, personal settings and preferences for the purpose of improving our content, and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use our Services. This may include your device ID and device hardware settings, information about your internet browser and operating system, details of web pages and pages within the app you have viewed, hyperlinks you have clicked, your search queries, your IP address and other information about your physical location, and information derived from web page histories, add-ons, cookies, and other technological sources.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- allow you to register, access, manage, and personalize a Lemi account;
- customize our offerings and benefits to you, according to your preferences and restrictions;
- help you navigate our Services based on your personalized profile;
- automatically update the Lemi application on your mobile device;
- respond to your questions, requests, and comments;
- provide you with information concerning purchases, and changes to terms, conditions, policies, and guidelines;
- provide you with information concerning relevant product releases, software updates, and upcoming events (note: you may choose not to receive this information);
- allow you to post or share content on your social media accounts;
- verify user identities and manage fraudulent, illegal, or otherwise objectionable activities;
- facilitate our internal research and development, auditing, data analysis, and customer communications activities;
- help us better understand our users;
- improve the relevance of our search results; and
- improve the creation, testing, production, and delivery of our Services, communications, and promotional materials.
Sharing Your Information
We will not share, sell, or give away your Personal Information to third parties unless:
- you explicitly consent that we may do so; or
- we are legally obligated to do so. Lemi may share your information with legal authorities if we have good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: a) identify, prevent, or otherwise act against illegal activity; b) protect you, other users, Lemi, its affiliates, and other parties; and c) prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
We may share aggregated and non-personally identifying information with third-party service providers for the purposes of creating, enhancing and improving our delivery of Services to you, and for other legitimate business purposes.
We are not responsible for the service measures, functionalities, terms, conditions, and policies of any third-party service providers.
Protecting Your Information
We maintain reasonable physical, technical, digital, and organizational measures to help prevent unauthorized access, modification, misuse, or loss of your information. These measures include:
- implementing a comprehensive data security solution, including encryption, firewalls, and intrusion detection services;
- upholding rigorous standards when monitoring our internal operations, our staff, and our relationships with outside organizations;
- strictly limiting access to our facilities and databases; and
Please help us to promote safety and security by respecting the privacy and rights of others, and by taking caution when publicly sharing Personal Information.
Storing Your Information
All your Personal Information and content from Lemi will be erased from our platform when you delete your account. However, we periodically back-up our entire server and platform as a security measure. Your information may be stored in our backups temporarily even after your account has been terminated. These backups will not be accessed and will be deleted in due course as the back-ups are cleared. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is not retained longer than necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Your Rights and Choices About Your Information
- You may update, review, and edit your profile, and change your privacy settings at any time.
- You may configure your privacy settings as "public" or "private". If your privacy settings are configured as "public", all other users of our Services will be able to view your profile and content. If your privacy settings are configured as "private", only users you permit (i.e., your "followers") will be able to view your profile and content. If you reconfigure your privacy settings from "public" to "private", your existing followers will continue to be able to view your profile and content. If you wish to remove this permission, you can manually remove a follower from your list of followers.
- You may opt not to receive our newsletter or promotional messages. We may still send you non-promotional messages, including information about your account or your use of our Services;
- You may delete your account at any time. Immediately after you have deleted your account, your information and content will no longer be accessible to you or other users of our Services.
- You may open a new account at any time.
Because we are not able to determine the age of individuals who access our Services, we apply a blanket policy. If you are a minor (which, for the purposes of this policy, means children younger than thirteen years of age), you may not create an account, and may not otherwise access or use our Services without the prior consent of a parent or guardian.
We do not seek or intend to receive any Personal Information from minors. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a minor without the prior consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete this Personal Information as soon as is reasonably possible.