Wishlisted by Matt Mayer
Charles Alderton was a pharmacist from Brooklyn who formulated a new soft drink while working at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas. Patrons would originally order a “Waco”, but the owner of the store Wade Morrison supposedly decided to name it Dr. Pepper after his friend Dr Charles Pepper. While the Old Corner Drug store was the victim of the 1953 tornados, a recreation can be seen at the Dr Pepper Museum.
Open today: 10:00-17:30
300 S 5th St, Waco, TX 76701, USA